Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 and wheel RRS feed

• Question

• Mouse works almost perfectly. With IE, Firefox or office-programs scrolling with wheel is normal. But certain programs there is quite a big problems. Vista own pictureviewer is one of them. At this program mousewheel zoom the picture smaller or bigger. If I roll the wheel slowly nothing happens even I roll and roll forever. But If I make real fast roll then there is action on the screen. But unfortunately  It quite hard to scroll just as much You want. It always goes more than You want.

Vista Picture-viewer is not only one. I tried Picasa2 and BreezeBrowser too. In these two programs the wheel change the picture to the next one. Again it is very hard to view a next or previous picture, because I have to roll so fast before it takes any effect. Then I downloaded excellent xnView and with it my wheel work like it should. With XP all programs work with this mouse without problems.

Opera 9.10 has same kind problems too. When scollin up the window, it first scrolls down and then jumps up right the direction I want.

Not a very big problems, but there is something wrong with this Wireless laser Mouse 5000 and Vista-combination. I use Intellimouse-software, but it not helped, when I removed it.

I have Vista Ultimate x64.
    Sunday, February 18, 2007 6:22 PM

All replies

• I'm running Vista Ultimate 32bit and I can't get the mouse to move the cursor, though the buttons seem to work. I plug the mouse into another machine (MacOS, heresy, I know...) and it works just fine. Anyone else had this problem?
    Friday, February 23, 2007 5:01 AM
  • I still have problems with wheel. I have readed that all other users of MS wireless lasermouse has similar problems. But there is not a solution yet?
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 9:52 PM
  • i have the same problem with the wheel. For me the major problem occurs in iTunes (latest version). It basically do not scroll in my library list while scrolling normally and its just silly. Another problem is zooming in Windows Photo Gallery (Picture Viewer) while scrolling the wheel at its normal speed. Beside these examples i'm sure that this problem is a general driver problem because in almost every program in some cases (lists, menus etc.) this wheel problem occurs.

I searched everywhere a solution but no i one knows anything. I asked to microsoft (global and local) and the answer is "please go and ask to the firm's service where from you bought the product". But now i see the problem is a general (possibly driver) problem.

When this problem occurs i think about the lack of microsoft's promised product support and scroll it more aggressively. When i'm angry enough, it scrolls a little up or down. Congratulations!!

System:

Intel Core 2 Duo with i965

Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 V2

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit

Latest updates, latest drivers (including latest iPoint utility)

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:09 AM
  • Same problem with me. It occurs in Opera 9.x and also Google Earth. I tried MS Notebook Optical Mouse and Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 with AND without the MS drivers.

My version is Vista Home Premium x86

Monday, April 2, 2007 8:31 PM
  • The problem I don't believe it has to do with the mouse.
    Actually, I'm quite certain of it. The scrolling works perfectly in all programs.
    When Intellipoint is installed, thats when problems arise.
    Monday, April 9, 2007 1:10 AM