Proclarity Views from Corporate Intranet RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have a corporate intranet front-end which allows our users to access the existing reports we've created using Office Web Components.  Now that we are replacing these reports with Proclarity views, we would like to make the means by which the users access these views as transparent as possible.  Is there a way to use our existing front-end and simply replace the links with new links to the Proclarity views?  We don't want to force the users to have to access the PAS Library page if we don't have to.

We are using Proclarity Web Professional 6.3.  Thank you in advance...

KRS

Monday, June 9, 2008 1:08 PM

Answers

• Good discussion.

Chances are the views in the Standard client are running into the classic "double-hop" authentication issue.  Check out the ProClarity blog for an article on that.

But, if your users are all using Web Pro, you shouldn't need to worry about getting the Standard working.  For an example of how a Web Pro URL would lay out, check out this thread.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:28 PM

All replies

• Moved Thread from PPS Forum to ProClarity. 

Aseem Nayar - MSFT

Monday, June 9, 2008 4:30 PM
  •  KRS_CFC wrote:

We currently have a corporate intranet front-end which allows our users to access the existing reports we've created using Office Web Components.  Now that we are replacing these reports with Proclarity views, we would like to make the means by which the users access these views as transparent as possible.  Is there a way to use our existing front-end and simply replace the links with new links to the Proclarity views?  We don't want to force the users to have to access the PAS Library page if we don't have to.

We are using Proclarity Web Professional 6.3.  Thank you in advance...

KRS

KRS,

My first post that I can answer here as I'm rather new, but we are already doing this so I can help.

Here's what you're going to want to do.

Whatever report it is that you want to link, open it up using ProClarity Standard instead of Professional.  Their is going to be a URL there, copy it.

Add that URL to your Intranet page where you want your users to be able to click it.  You're going to want to rename the link to the report name instead of the Address which will be long of course.

Then when they click the link they will skip the library and get directly to their report.  If they want to open the same report in Professional and have access they can still do it from there by clicking on the launch Professional button from that report.  If they just need the standard version they are already there.

Hope that was of some help.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 2:43 PM
  • Thank you alot for your reply.  I switch to Proclarity Standard from my PAS page and then click the view that I want to copy the URL from.  I get the following message:

'The selected page could not be opened because the cube could not be found.  Please choose a different page.'

Go to the Contents tab.

The URL displays in the address bar (in my case, it's 'http://ftwcrpsql02/pas/en/src/proclarity.asp?uiConfig=&book={EE2C0003-BB21-4BDD-88BF-9B8DF4713BEF}&page={43B44DD6-65BD-4EBD-8500-87BEE334578B}&folder=root&LibID={A3A23821-177E-47B7-AA5F-C66B0AEAD8C6}').  I've sent the URL to a number of members of my team (both 'Professional' users AND 'Standard' users)...and they get the same error message above.

Anyways, when I select Proclarity 'Professional' and click on my view, a new window opens up and the view displays as normal.

I was wondering if you had come across this error while implementing your solution.  Thanks much for the help, and I appreciate it in advance...

KRS

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:02 PM
  •  

KRS,

So we have a view that when selected from the PAS Library opens correctly when you're opening it in Professional?

What if you open it in standard from the library does it open then?

I've had cube not found errors for so many reasons I can't even remember them all.  So I may have to ask a few questions to see if I can be of any help.

My intial thought is that this report is having an error opening in standard.  Have you tried a few different reports.  It of course could be an issue with how the reports were designed, their ability to be opened in standard.  I wouldn't think that the URL part of the equation should be an issue, or at least I haven't run across it.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:38 PM
  • What if you open it in standard from the library does it open then?

When I try to open it in standard from the library I get the following:

'The selected page could not be opened because the cube could not be found.  Please choose a different page.'

Go to the Contents tab.

This error occurs when opening any of my views in Standard.  In Professional, they all open normally.  The views were all created and saved while using Professional, but I can't imagine that being the problem.  The error message alone really doesn't seem to make much sense, because the obviously the cube doesn't change or move while using Standard.

KRS

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:01 PM
  • KRS,

So definitely the issue here is that the reports can't be opened in standard period.

Can you take a screenshot of one and send it to me inside a word document so I can see what kind of report we're talking about.  Grab one that has non-sensitive information obviously.  It would be helpful if you took the screenshot of it open in Pro where I can see the types of Dimensions that are being used.

brent.a.freeman@odot.state.or.us

I'm not sure how much help I can be from afar but I will take a look.

Brent

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:06 PM
  • Good discussion.

Chances are the views in the Standard client are running into the classic "double-hop" authentication issue.  Check out the ProClarity blog for an article on that.

But, if your users are all using Web Pro, you shouldn't need to worry about getting the Standard working.  For an example of how a Web Pro URL would lay out, check out this thread.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:28 PM
  •  

Thanks, Ben....that solves at least half of the problem as the Web Pro thread resolved the issue for our users using Web Pro (~ 50%).

I'd been reading earlier about the 'double-hop' issue.  We'll have to look into the potential resolutions to the problem with some testing.  For now, at least, the boss is happy.

I appreciate your help Brent and Ben!

KRS

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:04 PM