Lync, Acme Packet and SIP trunks RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

Does anyone have any advice on how to configure Acme Packet for Lync?? Here in New Zealand we do not have any MS certified SIP trunk providers and finding a telco that knows what they are doing is difficult. I have dealt with a few telcos who have been pretty good and know SIP, but none actually seem to know anything much about Lync/OCS.

I am hoping I can gain some knowledge on any specifics for configuring Acme Packet with Lync so that I can help our telco.

Common issues that I see are:

1. No ring back

2. One way audio

3. No audio when Exchange UM answers

4. Delays in call establishment

5. No DTMF tones

Our telco gets everything working eventually but each time I can be dealing with a different technician and since I have little idea of what is required at the Acme Packet end I find it difficult to help.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Andrew - There is an Acme Packet / MS Lync deployment guide that is available at www.acmepacket.com/lync that may be helpful to you (go to the bottom of the page).       If you you need further info, we can try to get you connected with one of our NZ resources (and the SP which is using Acme Packet).  Just drop me a pmail if that is the case.

Thanks,

Jim
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, August 26, 2011 1:29 AM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 8:41 PM
  • The following articles is about Support for Acme Packet Session Border Controllers in Lync Server 2010 , hoping it can help you:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff799212.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew - There is an Acme Packet / MS Lync deployment guide that is available at www.acmepacket.com/lync that may be helpful to you (go to the bottom of the page).       If you you need further info, we can try to get you connected with one of our NZ resources (and the SP which is using Acme Packet).  Just drop me a pmail if that is the case.

Thanks,

Jim
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:04 AM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 8:41 PM
  • Hey Jim,

Thanks that would be great! Can you email me at andrew.morpeth at mhacloud dot com

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Monday, August 22, 2011 8:50 PM
  • The following articles is about Support for Acme Packet Session Border Controllers in Lync Server 2010 , hoping it can help you:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff799212.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:07 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

In response to your post  "Here in New Zealand we do not have any MS certified SIP trunk providers and finding a telco that knows what they are doing is difficult"

FYI - Kordia New Zealand has recently become the first  (and only) Microsoft SIP certified carrier for Lync in NZ.
    Call 0800 Kordia  if you requie assistance in future.

Regards

Matt

Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:27 PM
  • Thanks Matt im on it!
    Friday, November 4, 2011 1:13 AM