none
adm files and GPMC

Question

• Greetings,

On Friday I had a policy that I was editing and a computer setting was displayed just fine.

This morning I look at the report of that same policy and that setting now appears under "extra registry settings".

When I edit that policy, under the computer > administrative templates there's nothing at all. Not one setting.

I am running RSAT on Windows 7 and the back end are windows 2003 DCs.

I have installed the win7 and 2008 policydefinitions and also copied all the adm files from the 2003 server windows\inf into the same location. I have changed the view options reporting tab to point to custom and specified the folder with all the admx and adm files.

Still nothing.

Why would the settings just disappear from one day to the next and how do I get the ability to see them all again?

p.s. I have also deinstalled and reinstalled GPMC on my win7 box a couple of times.

Thanks

David Z

Monday, August 03, 2015 1:00 AM

Answers

• As I was looking around I discovered the "central policy store" and realized that we hadn't implemented that on our 2003 sysvols. Once I did that , all was cool.
    • Marked as answer by David Zemdegs Monday, August 03, 2015 5:16 AM
    Monday, August 03, 2015 5:16 AM

All replies

• As I was looking around I discovered the "central policy store" and realized that we hadn't implemented that on our 2003 sysvols. Once I did that , all was cool.
    • Marked as answer by David Zemdegs Monday, August 03, 2015 5:16 AM
    Monday, August 03, 2015 5:16 AM
  • Glad to hear this!

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 6:27 AM