Error 0x80004005-00000000-00000000 when declining meetings in Outlook 2007 attached to Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a few Outlook 2007 users who have experienced this odd error when declining certain meetings. I don't see any errors on the server (Exchange 2010) and it doesn't appear that the other user is having any trouble with their mailbox.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:15 AM
    Subject: Undeliverable: Your Meeting

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Declined: Your Meeting
    Sent: 1/25/2012 8:15 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

User, Some on 1/25/2012 8:15 AM
    This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. Error is [0x80004005-00000000-00000000].

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are the meetings that are generating the error always meetings sent and organised by the same people? Can you try to send a new meeting request from some user TO the meeting organiser who sent the original message and see if the sender recieves an NDR?

What I am suspecting is that the meeting organiser who is sending those meeting requests that is causing your error at sometime had delegates setup in Outlook > Tools > Options > Delegates > "Deliver meeting requests addressed to me and responses to meeting requests where I am the organizer to".

Go to the meeting organisers Outlook config and check their delegates settings.

If those delegates are now no longer with the company and therefore the mailbox no longer exists if the meeting organiser has the delegates set to recieve meeting responses when someone declines one of their meetings a message is sent to the meeting organiser and the delegate but the delegates mailbox no longer exists.

I hope this makes sense.

Sean Massey | Consultant, iUNITE

Feel free to contact me through My Blog, Twitter or Hire Me.
    Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem!

• Proposed as answer by Sophia Xu Friday, February 3, 2012 7:01 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:15 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Thanks

Sophia Xu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 3, 2012 7:01 AM
  • Thanks for the tip.  That does make sense.  However, in this case, the meeting organizer has no delegates.

I did send a meeting request to that user from my account and she accepted it without issue.

The issue pops up sporadically with no particularly common links between the meetings in question.  Different The only thing I can say for sure is that the complaints started after we upgraded to Exchange 2010. 

I should note, the user who was declining the meeting does have a few delegates, but I wouldn't think that should matter.

Thanks again,
    Andrew

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:27 PM
  • When delegates, OOF, etc are setup there are hidden rules created. Since this happened post an upgrade maybe the rules were currupted somehow. The only other thing I can think to suggest is to try cleaning up those hidden rules via MFCMAPI (this works with Outlook 2007) or if you can try moving the affected mailbox as this can sometimes fix issues with the mailbox without having to export, delete the mailbox and re-import the data.

How to delete corrupted and hidden rules from a single mailbox in Outlook 2003

http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/

Sean Massey | Consultant, iUNITE

Feel free to contact me through My Blog, Twitter or Hire Me.
    Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem!

• Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Friday, February 10, 2012 8:32 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by AndrewR_JMS Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:51 PM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:12 PM