none
This webpage wants to run the following add-on: 'Windows Script Host Runtime Library' RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting this popup at the bottom of my browser (IE11 on Windows 10). Unfortunately, there are only two options: Allow and Allow for all websites. There should be a 3rd option that says Never allow. Is there a way to prevent this annoying popup? And generally all such popups from Microsoft as well as script error messages?

This question was originally posted on Microsoft Answers. They asked me to post it on this forum.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

it might be your Java JRT from Oracle. The Java update  service is trying to install an out of date version of Java JRT.... this indicates that you have not run a windows update since at least last year. Java JRT is used for computer games, but also for some government and corporate websites and in some mobile platforms.

Please include any website addresses that you are having problems with your questions.

without sample web addresses the following answer may or may not work for you....

Ensure that you have Run Windows Updates (there have been CRITICAL security updates for IE11 and out of date activeX controls)... after you have completed any outstanding updates, go to

https://java.com and follow the (complex) instructions to install the latest updates for their products. You will need to update your Java JRT installation if you want to continue to play the games on the websites you are visiting. There are also instructions on their site to remove any previous versions of Java JRT from your computer.... you must do this (remove previous versions).

You will also have to configure your new java installation's security setting from the Java JRT control panel.. there are instructions for this on the java.com site.

or

(Depending on your windows version), go Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features.... Locate 'Java JRT from Oracle' in the list of installed software and then select the 'Uninstall' button to remove it completely from your computer. After you uninstall your java installation you will not be able to use some websites or play some games.

If you are using a company computer, ask your IT department before uninstalling Java JRT, as it may be needed by some of the company's internal web sites.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, May 4, 2017 6:32 AM
  • It's a work computer and updates are run regularly. And I don't play computer games (too old for that). This annoying message pops up for a number of websites. For example: https://seekingalpha.com/

Do I need to install Java?

I had already looked at Yo Mama's link. It didn't help.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:43 PM
  • this pop up is a pain.  I don't want to see it.  I am up to date on all my Windows 10 and Explorer updates and fixes.  I think I am also up to date with Java.  So now what?
    Monday, May 15, 2017 12:59 AM
  • Hi Judy from Oakland,

I tried to open the webpage and I didn't get the popup. Please try to reset Internet Explorer 11 to default settings then check the symptom again.
    Try to open Internet Explorer without add-ons by running "iexplore.exe -extoff".

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:49 AM

• click for full size

Hello all

If you add one of the Tracking Protection plugins to your list, it will block the foul script I illustrated earlier above, which is triggering that dialog.

MeipoXu

IECustomizer has posted a thousand times in these forums about Tracking Protection Lists.  But not a word of it here.  Don't you think that's funny?

https://www.google.com/?#q='Tracking+Protection'+IECustomizer+site:technet.microsoft.com

Saturday, May 20, 2017 6:28 PM