Announcements Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I was wondering if it was possible to limit different users from seeing certain announcements in the portal.

Say, User 1 can see announcements A and B, but User 2 can only see announcement B in the portal.

If anyone knows if this is possible or how to do this, the help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Gary Winhoven

Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:29 PM

All replies

• Hello,

What kind of self service portal did you use? Sharepoint site or HTML5?

If you are running the portal on Sharepoint site, you may find the announcement list and edit their permissions corresponding. 

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 2:28 AM
  • Hello,

I am using HTML5

Thank you

Friday, June 9, 2017 8:29 AM
  • Hello,

For your request, HTML coding is needed, please refer to the article below which is regarding to customize HTML 5 ssp:

http://www.buchatech.com/2016/04/customization-in-the-service-manager-html-5-ssp/

Hope other who is familiar with HTML 5 could help on this. 

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 7:41 AM
  • Hello,

That blog is for coding for the appearance aspects of the portal. What I'm looking for is more permissions of who can view certain announcements.

This could not be a code thing, but maybe something on the SCSM Database level.

Thanks,

Gary Winhoven

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:13 PM
  • Hello,

Here is a blog regarding to targeting a specific announcement to a group of users in service manager, it is for SCSM 2010, but should be helpful for you when you want do it in SCSM 2012, please refer to it:

http://contoso.se/blog/?p=1243

Friday, June 16, 2017 7:05 AM