none
Can't connect to internet RRS feed

• Question

• I can't connect to internet for both Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox, but i can connect to internet for Google Chrome.

I have tried various methods like updating my Windows and all but still it doesn't work. 

Any Suggestions on what can i do? 

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Kaylee.H,

"I can't connect to internet for both Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox, "
    Can we connect to the internet from the Internet Explorer before?Have you got any error messages when we try to use the Internet Explorer ?

Please take the following steps to have a check :
    1.Reinstall the network adapter driver from the device manager .
    2.Run the built-in tool to have a diagnostic :
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Incoming Connections ,Internet Connections,Network Adapter
    3.Run the following command to reset the TCP /IP stack:
    ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)
    Reboot

We also can turn off the firewall and the antivirus software temporarily to have a check.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Kaylee.H Friday, March 13, 2015 5:57 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:47 AM

All replies

• I can't connect to internet for both Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox, but i can connect to internet for Google Chrome.

Sounds like a either a slow DNS or firewall blocking issue.  So, to test the former you could try doing an nslookup and then trying to see what you get using just the IP address shown.  Pick a site which allows such a substitution such as answers.microsoft.com

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 6:38 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Kaylee.H,

"I can't connect to internet for both Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox, "
    Can we connect to the internet from the Internet Explorer before?Have you got any error messages when we try to use the Internet Explorer ?

Please take the following steps to have a check :
    1.Reinstall the network adapter driver from the device manager .
    2.Run the built-in tool to have a diagnostic :
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Incoming Connections ,Internet Connections,Network Adapter
    3.Run the following command to reset the TCP /IP stack:
    ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)
    Reboot

We also can turn off the firewall and the antivirus software temporarily to have a check.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Kaylee.H Friday, March 13, 2015 5:57 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:47 AM
  • I tried until step 2 and finally both internet explorer & mozilla firefox works! Thank you so much! :) 
    Friday, March 13, 2015 5:59 AM
  • Hi Kaylee.H,

I am glad the issue has been resolved and thanks for updating .

Best regards

Friday, March 13, 2015 6:05 AM
  • Hi there! Thank you so much for your help, the problem's been solved!

Once again, Thank You! :D 

Friday, March 13, 2015 6:31 AM