Windows 7 Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - 

I had installed Windows 7 in my C Drive of computer. Then activated via online.Now that OS has some issue with my other application.

Now i had installed the Windows 7 in my D drive without removing the C drive Windows 7.

Can i still be able to use the same License Key for the D drive OS & i am not going to use the C drive windows 7

Is it possible to do that ?

~ Ajeesh

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, why not format C drive and make a fresh install since you said never use C drive. Generally speaking, you should encounter activation problem to activate the system of D drive.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Saturday, June 21, 2014 7:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, June 23, 2014 1:01 PM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:24 AM

All replies

• 1) Click Start, and in the Search box type:   slui.exe  4
    2) Next press the 'ENTER' key
    3) Select your 'Country' from the list.
    4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.
    5) Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.
    6) Explain your problem clearly to the support person.
    7) The support person should give you a confirmation ID, copy it down on paper, 
    8) Verify the ID is correct by reading back to the support person.
    9) Enter the ID number and click 'Next' to finish the activation process.

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:02 AM
  • rather than doing that, I suggest do in place upgrade, you have fresh windows installation and no need to activate

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099/en-us

• Edited by britishdhez Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:27 AM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:27 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, why not format C drive and make a fresh install since you said never use C drive. Generally speaking, you should encounter activation problem to activate the system of D drive.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, June 23, 2014 1:01 PM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:24 AM
  • Hi - 

I had installed Windows 7 in my C Drive of computer. Then activated via online.Now that OS has some issue with my other application.

Now i had installed the Windows 7 in my D drive without removing the C drive Windows 7.

Can i still be able to use the same License Key for the D drive OS & i am not going to use the C drive windows 7

Is it possible to do that ?

~ Ajeesh

What do you mean by some other issue with my application?

You have dual boot ?

You can use the license key, if it is on the same computer.

Why not reformat, and re partition your drive. 

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
    IT Stuff Quick Bytes

Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:31 AM