Converting App-V 4.6SP2 package to 5.0 : Access to local installed Oracle client RRS feed

• Question

• I have sequenced a package in App-V 4.6 SP2. It is working fine.
    The package contains an application that requires a connection to an Oracle database.
    The Oracle 11G Client was not sequenced in the package, but was locally installed prior to sequencing.

We are upgrading to App-V 5.0.
    When converting this existing package to App-V 5.0 using PowerShell, no errors are indicated.
    However, when running the application, it is not able to make a connection to the Oracle database.
    So it seems it has no access anymore to the local installed Oracle Client.

What parameters should I look at to make the converted App-V 5 package work with a native installed Oracle client?

• Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:42 PM Please do not post questions in the Sequencing Recipe forum
    • Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, February 11, 2013 7:23 PM Please do not post questions in the Sequencing Recipe forum
    Friday, February 8, 2013 11:49 AM

Answers

• Execute the package on a client machine and monitor the execution with Process Monitor. See what happens while it's trying to call the Oracle client. You'll probably see NOT FOUND errors during the monitoring.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Marked as answer by Bart Billiet Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:37 PM
    Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:42 PM

All replies

• Execute the package on a client machine and monitor the execution with Process Monitor. See what happens while it's trying to call the Oracle client. You'll probably see NOT FOUND errors during the monitoring.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Marked as answer by Bart Billiet Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:37 PM
    Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:42 PM
  • Thanks for your comment about monitoring the execution with Process Monitor. It helped me out!
    I found out the package was able to call the Oracle Client correctly, but a network issue was preventing the package from working as it was supposed to be.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:37 PM