Virtualized Outlook prompts to re-configure at each start up- MS OFFICE 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have sequenced OFFICE 2010 with APP-V 4.6 Sp2. The outlook is running well within my environment. But outlook has arises problem on one machine. It prompts to configure an account at each start up. Although I have configured it several times,it always prompt me to configure an account every time  I start Outlook.

How can I get rid off this issue? why Outlook is not picking up the already configured profile and every time prompts to configure an account.

Rest of the application is getting launched successfully and without any error. The issue is only with the outlook.

Also if someone will share the knowledge on "How Outlook picks a profile at start up when configured?". Does it hits a particular registry entry? where does it store the profile settings for the virtualized Outlook? for the physically installed office 2010 the profile gets stored in the registry key "Windows Messaging Subsystem" but this key does not exist for virtualized Outlook.

Any help will be highly appreciated....

Gaurav Ranjan

Friday, May 24, 2013 11:07 AM

All replies

• It depends on how your Exchange Admins configured Outlook to behave. They could use auto-discovery or not. Since it's only happening on one machine my guess would be that your sequenced Outlook is fine.

I would suggest as a test that you go to Control Panel on that machine--> Go to Mail --> Go to Show Profiles --> Remove the Profile

Next, it may be a good idea to Unload the application in your client then clear the cache of the application, then you could delete and refresh teh server and then try it again like new. The application should respond like new and because the Outlook Profile was removed, it should create the profile as new.

Then try to launch again and see if the problem persists

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Friday, May 24, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Hi Rorymon,

I don't think we get an option of Mail with the virtualised Office 2010. I am not getting the option on the machine. I have checked the very same on other machine which has outlook configured properly and is working fine. that machine has not also the Mail option in the control panel.

Gaurav Ranjan

Monday, May 27, 2013 10:36 AM