EMPTY rows appearing in Grid report when NON EMPTY has been specified RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am doing a Grid report using Proclarity Desktop Pro. The report has three measures, all on columns  ( Revenue YTD), (Revenue YTD-1) and ( Revenue YTD / Revenue YTD - 1) . The thrid measure  (Revenue YTD / Revenue YTD - 1) is a calcuated measure in percentage (%) in the MDX query. The columns and the rows should return NON EMPTY records only (this has been specified in the MDX query).

When I am removing the the calculated measure ( Revenue YTD / Revenue YTD - 1)  field I am getting the NON EMPTY records only, which should be the output; but on adding the ( Revenue YTD / Revenue YTD - 1) calculated measure all rows, even empty rows (even if all columns are empty) are being returned. This is really weired. Is this a bug?

It would be great if anybody can suggest a solution.

Thanks

Bidyut

Friday, August 1, 2008 2:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have found the solution. Actually, there is an IIF condition in the calculated member ( Revenue YTD / Revenue YTD - 1)  which checks for the presence of values in Revenue YTD and Revenue YTD - 1 to avoid divide by zero/null error.

If the condition evalutes to true the IIF condition now returns 'NULL' instead of nothing(earlier no action was specified).

Thanks

Bidyut

Friday, August 1, 2008 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have found the solution. Actually, there is an IIF condition in the calculated member ( Revenue YTD / Revenue YTD - 1)  which checks for the presence of values in Revenue YTD and Revenue YTD - 1 to avoid divide by zero/null error.

If the condition evalutes to true the IIF condition now returns 'NULL' instead of nothing(earlier no action was specified).

Thanks

Bidyut

Friday, August 1, 2008 3:37 PM
  • Thanks for posting your solution, Bidyut.  That is good information.

Regards,

Amanda

Friday, August 1, 2008 10:55 PM
  • Thank you.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:17 AM