none
Software Deployment Group Policy

Question

• Hello,

I am using Window Server-2008 r2 in AD environment. I want create a GPO for my client that they can only installed or access particular predefined softwares. They are not able to install or access a software which is not allowed by server admin for users.

Thanks & Regards,

Shashank Saxena

Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Shashank,
    As far as i know, standard users can’t install software  by default. You could find the software installation directory, give only administrators permissions to these folders and remove users or everyone from the security tab of these folders.
    And in the group policy, you could have a try Always install with elevated privileges policy under User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Installer, please see:https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms813108.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 24, 2017 2:35 AM
  • Hi Shashank,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 6:11 AM