MAP 7 inventory run crashes exchange 2003 server! RRS feed

• Question

• I attempted to do an inventory of our Exchange 2003 server using MAP 7, and shortly after server experienced and unexpected shutdown. I really would like to avoid this happening to our production server again. Any advice as to what could have caused it and how to prevent it from happening again. I did have the exchange inventory scenario checked when running this.
    Friday, July 20, 2012 9:16 PM

All replies

• MAP gets the mailbox informaiton from Active Directory, not from Exchange. The only contact that MAP would have with the Exchange Server machine would be the normal inventory collection that it has with every server. What do the event logs show around the time of the shutdown?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:45 PM
  • There were no unusual log entries prior to the crash. Post crash entries are only the usual unexpected shutdown, database rebuild and service restart messages. It must be something specific to our server or environment that is causing this, but without a clear path to trouble shooting it and after crashing the server 3 times, I'm going to have to abandon using MAP in lieu of other software for a virtualization assessment.
    Monday, August 6, 2012 5:52 PM