none
IE8 not checking for updated cached html pages when using same input data as last time RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am facing a very weird issue with IE 8 which is working fine on IE 9.

The problem is, In IE 8 when I am using "Every time I start IE" setting for stored pages and if I use same input data that I used during last run, its not checking for updated pages on server. If I change input data, it checks for updated html pages on server and everything works fine.

In IE9, it works fine for the same setting and for the same input as above.

There is a workaround for this by changing setting to "Every time I visit web pages" or "Automatically", but the customer is not ready for that since they have  a company policy to use "Every time I start IE" setting.

I have verified the IE 8 and IE 9 behavior by checking the "last accessed" and "last checked" values for html pages in "temporary internet files" folder.

My questions are:

1>Why it is working in IE 9 for same settings and same input ?

2>Is there any patch or bug fixed in IE 8 to handle this ?

Please reply if anyone has any pointers to this.

Thanks

Sanmahaj

Friday, May 24, 2013 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

see connect.microsoft.com/ie for a listing of fixed bugs in IE8. to force a reload from the server add a timestamp parameter to your get query. that way the uri is different each time it is sent.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Saturday, May 25, 2013 4:19 AM