Configure WSUS with Remote MSSQL Cluster (AlwaysOn Availability Configuration) RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning All,

I am wondering if WSUS can be configured with Remote SQL Failover cluster (AlwaysOn Availability Setup). 

We are welling to have centralized HA SQL for our company applications. When I tried at my testing environment with WSUS service, it detects the Cluster at Role Installation stage. However; when I started the Post-Installation of WSUS it fails.

I appreciate your assistance.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 4:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try WSUS installation via Powershell. In this configuration, you must use a full SQL Server installation, not the Windows Internal Database installation that is provided by WSUS, and the database role must be installed on all WSUS front-end servers.

For reference, please read the installation and subsequent configuration steps mentioned in this article: "Configuring WSUS 6.x for Network Load Balancing (NLB)".

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Agree with Lic Lv

Mark it as answer if your question has solved in order to keep forums updated.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:29 AM
  • Hi,

You can try WSUS installation via Powershell. In this configuration, you must use a full SQL Server installation, not the Windows Internal Database installation that is provided by WSUS, and the database role must be installed on all WSUS front-end servers.

For reference, please read the installation and subsequent configuration steps mentioned in this article: "Configuring WSUS 6.x for Network Load Balancing (NLB)".

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Dear Yic,

Thank you for your answer. I will go through it and get back to you for more help. However; from quick review of it, the post related to create High Availability for WSUS service. The problem I am facing is WSUS fails to be configured with Failover Database setup (AlwaysOn Availability Setup).

For more clarification (1x WSUS Server, 2x Database Servers)

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7:04 AM