scsm - send notification to related recipients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I created a notification subscriptioon to send an email to recipients when an incident is created.
    One of the recipients is the Service Owner, but there is no email sent to the emailaddress which is configured for the Affected Service.

This is what we configured: 

under Configuration/Business Services we created a new service. In this new service, we added a Service Owner. 
    This new Service is added as 'Affected Service' in the Incident Template, which we use for creating new incidents. 

The Notification subscription is configured so that it sends a notification when a new incident is created. 
    The notification needs to be sent to the primary owner + the service owner of the Affected Service. 
    As related recipients we added:

Result is that only the Primary Owner receives the notification email.
    The Service Owner for the Affected Service does not receive the notification email.

Question is, how to solve this so that the Service Owner also receives the notification.  

• Edited by Emile1973 Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:56 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Emile,

please take a look at this article, it offers a good apporach on what you are trying to achieve:

Notification to Service Owner when creating a Problem
    http://www.scsm.se/?p=1132

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Thursday, September 17, 2015 11:13 AM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for sharing this link, but I rather not change the XML manually.

I think I configured everything correctly so that the Service Owner would receive the notification. If that doesn't work as expected, it seems to be a bug which hopefully will be fixed in a next Rollup.  

Thursday, September 17, 2015 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Emile,

please take a look at this article, it offers a good apporach on what you are trying to achieve:

Notification to Service Owner when creating a Problem
    http://www.scsm.se/?p=1132

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Thursday, September 17, 2015 11:13 AM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for sharing this link, but I rather not change the XML manually.

I think I configured everything correctly so that the Service Owner would receive the notification. If that doesn't work as expected, it seems to be a bug which hopefully will be fixed in a next Rollup.  

Thursday, September 17, 2015 11:41 AM