exception of type 'system.outofmemoryexception' was thrown sharepoint 2007

after refresh the pages its working fine

please tell me how can i remove this

Friday, July 12, 2013 6:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Here is kB for that:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/echarran/archive/2007/01/16/system-outofmemory-exception-thrown-in-moss-2007-in-place-upgrade.aspx

Let us know your result

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Friday, July 12, 2013 6:49 AM
  • please check the error screenshot
    Friday, July 12, 2013 7:38 AM
  • Could you please check ULG log in 12 hive?

You can also loo below KB as i said earlier:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823547/en-us

Also check the DB and RAM size of your server

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Friday, July 12, 2013 7:47 AM
  • Hi Hemant,

i have checked yhe ULG log

07/10/2013 15:02:21.71  w3wp.exe (0x5178)                        0x4BB4 CMS                            Publishing                     8ts5 Unexpected        Exception: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. 
    07/10/2013 15:02:21.71  w3wp.exe (0x5178)                        0x4BB4 CMS                            Publishing                     8ts6 Critical        Console Configuration File Error: XML Exception: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. 

Rams of my server is 8 gb and memory usages 5.65gb

CPU usages is 100%

Friday, July 12, 2013 9:23 AM
  • So, what we're seeing is that you're running out of processer power in the afternoon with a Publishing Portal.  I'm kinda thinking it it's a scalability issue.

Can you look at the Task Manager and advise which processes are consuming most of the processing power.  it would also help if you can advise of any customisations or intense workflows that you've built into your environment.

Cheers,

Steven Andrews

SharePoint Business Analyst

Blog: Steve's SharePoint Space  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, July 12, 2013 9:39 AM
    Answerer
  • please check screen shot of process and the memory used by them
    Friday, July 12, 2013 10:51 AM
  • I am not sure where is the problem in your server without checking it. I have found one more similar thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/66fa4826-3efc-4071-880d-91435fa9a1bb/moss-2007-outages

Hope it could help

• Marked as answer by vineshnagpal Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:40 AM
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:04 AM