Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Running Vista Business SP2 and Office 2007 on a Toshiba Notebook 2CPU u7600 @ 1.2GHz with 2GB RAM.

The specific issue being experienced is with the Calendar in Outlook.  My PA has 'editor' rights to enter and update my calendar.  Frequently, I'm not able to view some entries through the native outlook client but can see the entries through OWA.  I imagined this to be a sync issue and that initiating a 'send/receive' would bring the calendar into line.  But this does not solve the issue.

My administrator tells me the problem is local and probably related to my notebook.  I find this strange as I have been working this way for at least the last 2 years without incident.  The issue has only come to light in the last few weeks.

I have not installed any new software and am up to date with AV and updates from MSoft.

Appreciate any guidance.

Value any 
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 11:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Rasvh,

It could related to both Outlook or Exchange Server issue.
    What I would suggest first is:

turn off Cached Exchange Mde
    How to do this - open Outlook, from Top Bar go to Tools, Account Settings, new Window appears and then double click onto Microsoft Exchange  . It will direct you to a new window where you have to untick "Use Cached Exchange Mode, then press next  next and ok. Close your Outlook. then reope it and try find if any changes effected.

Also, you can run Outlook switches to clean reminders, calendar records, etc. To do so, create a shortcut to Outlook, right click and go to Properites. Under "taget" you will find whole path to Outlook and you have to add as follow (see below) and open Outlook using created shortcut.

/cleanprofile

Hopefully, it will help.

Bart
    Bart Kurowski IT Suport Analyst MCP, MCST, MCITP, Getronics UK
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 2:41 PM