SCCM 2012 Client Site assignment failure RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of migrating to 2012. I wanted to test the client install on a few pc's so I installed the clients manually with the following switches (/mp:FQDN SMSSITECODE=P12 FSP=FQDN). The client appears to have installed properly but the site in not being assigned. When I open the client locally and try to find the site I receive a message "Configuration manager did not find a site to manage the client". In the Clientlocation.log it just says Getting site assignment. When I try to enter the site code I receive a message "failed to update site assignment". The clientlocation.log says Attempting to assign client to P12 site that does not match assignment requirements. The AD schema was extended for 2007. The client is in a boundary that's part of a boundary group that should be getting the site code P12. I've gone back through the install guides to make sure I didn't miss any steps so I'm not sure why it's not working. 
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:12 PM

Answers

• Turned out that our previous group policy to distribute the 2007 client was the cause. Once I blocked inheritance on the test machines I was able to install the client with the proper site code.
    Monday, April 22, 2013 11:30 PM

All replies

• so you have the schema extension already, did you give the computer account of the 2012 server also rights on the system management container?
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:05 PM
  • Yes I gave the primary site server access to that container.
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:10 PM
  • Turned out that our previous group policy to distribute the 2007 client was the cause. Once I blocked inheritance on the test machines I was able to install the client with the proper site code.
    Monday, April 22, 2013 11:30 PM