How to give Full Control on an app-v package folder in Q drive RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to sequence Go To Assist, a remote desktop application by citrix. Installation is very straight forward and the sequencing goes through fine but when I launch the application from the client I get the error message "HelpAlert failed to start, or exited with an error, please try again."

I used procmon to monitor the system file changes and saw the below:

g2a_helpalert.exe 1608 FileSystemControl Q: ACCESS DENIED

g2a_helpalert.exe 1608 FileSystemControl Q:\\AWBG5076-GotoAssist ACCESS DENIED

g2a_helpalert.exe  1608 FileSystemControl  Q:\AWBG5076-GotoAssist\VFS ACCESS DENIED

g2a_helpalert.exe  1608 FileSystemControl  Q:\AWBG5076-GotoAssist\VFS\CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES ACCESS DENIED

g2a_helpalert.exe 1608 FileSystemControl Q:\AWBG5076-GotoAssist\VFS\CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES\GOTOASSIST ACCESS DENIED

I tried to use a prelaunch script to give the user permissions on the folder (using cacls command) but since that will run under the users context I get access denied. Anything else I can do?

Friday, June 24, 2011 7:19 PM

Answers

• Remove the Enforce Security Descriptors from the package: http://www.softgridblog.com/?p=105

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:24 AM