screen resolution using Vista RRS feed

• Question

• when i am on one website , and change to another website, the resolution drops to the lowest point and I have to go in and put it to the highest resolution. Then I click on apply, then I have to go to another website and repeat this. The message that I get is "HP solutions for Install Errors.  How do I correct this?
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 6:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• i think you need to update your computer VGA drivers.go to your computer manufacturer website, search out your model and download and install the latest Graphics drivers
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:57 AM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 8:28 PM
  •      In your control panels settings for "internet options", the last tab of those available, scroll down through the settings. There are two specific ones you need to check, #1) allow web sites to open pages without size constraints   and #2) reset browser text settings in new windows/tabs. While you are there, check for any other ones related to text/page frames and graphics, too.  Be sure to click apply to save your changes, and restart your browser to see the effects. NOTE: YOU WOULD NEED TO BE USING AN ADMINISTRATOR or ADMIN-LEVEL PRIVILEDGED ACCOUNT TO MAKE PERMANENT SYSTEM-WIDE CHANGES ON YOUR MACHINE.

AND, while I voted the first post as helpful, this might help you more: visit the maker of your PROCESSORS website for the correct CHIPSET AND GRAPHICS DRIVERS. IT is not widely known that windows loads generic drivers for these components if it can't find a specific match in it's native driverbase to install.  While the generic drivers are reliable, stable and digitally signed, they generally do not provide the full range of performance specific to your motherboard and hardware.

The PROCESSOR MANUFACTURERS HAVE THE CORRECT DRIVERS, MATCHED FOR YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM AND MOTHERBOARD COMPONENTS, AND THEY ARE FREE TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL! JUST BE SURE TO RESTART AFTER THEY ARE INSTALLED, SO WINDOWS CAN WRITE THE NEW VALUES PERMANENTLY INTO THE REGISTRY, AND THEN DEFRAGMENT YOUR HARD DRIVE SO THEY WILL BE READY TO USE when you are !

"http://downloadcenter.intel.com/". for an intel inside machine.

"http://support.amd.com/ ". for AMD equipped computers. BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ALL OF THE DRIVERS YOUR MACHINE NEEDS, AS THESE ARE ALL RELATED TO IT'S PERFORMANCE AND ABILITIES.

THEN, FINALLY, visit THIS SITE for the rest of your windows and browser needs...It is MICROSOFT'S OWN FULLY AUTOMATED SUPPORT PORTAL. IT is new, automated, and can fix a plethora of system and browser ills with only a few mouse clicks, and it is FREE TO USE AND TRY !!! (EVERY WINDOWS USER should get this one BOOKMARKED !!!)

"http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/default.aspx/ ".

"While there is NO SUCH THING as a WRONG QUESTION, the EASIEST THING TO GET in the world is a WRONG ANSWER!" 15 years of hands-on-how-to; I "DO" WINDOWS !!!
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:55 AM
  • ·          

Hi,

First, please check if the same issue occurs when running the other programs.

Please refer to the KB article:

Some settings in Group Policy Preferences for Internet Explorer do not deploy correctly to computers that are running Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:58 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 8:06 AM