none
Unable to run queries from Gpinventory.exe tool

Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to run the query from Gpinventory.exe tool to get the information about the applied computer policies on the remote server.

But i am getting the below errors while running query.

1. Error : could not connect
    2. Error: query did not complete
    3. Error : Access denied.

Required port(RPC 135) is enabled for the communication.

Kindly provide your valuable solution to resolve the issue.

Regards,
    Mahadev Nitture

Regards, Mahadev

Monday, October 17, 2016 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Mahadev,

Have you checked if WMI service is running well on remote servers?

Regarding to get the information about the applied computer policies on the remote server, you could directly use gpresult command and you could always use the gpmc console and get rsop of whatever computer in your AD you want. Please have a try to see if they work.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Mahadev,
    First of all, please have a try to temporally turn off windows firewall or all third party antivirus software on all machines, then try again to see if it works.
    And to run an RSOP query on a machine, you’ll need to have the Generate Resultant Set of Policy (logging) permission (which domain admins and delegated admins have by default). WMI queries require Administrative rights on the remote machine unless you use the WMI Control MMC snap-in to grant Enable Account and Remote Enable rights on the root\cimv2 namespace to an alternate user. You could check more information from: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2007.02.utilityspotlight.aspx
    And you could also see a similar problem in the following article and you could have a try the suggestion:
    GPINVENTORY.exe Throwing Error : "Could not Connect"
    https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/26308368/GPINVENTORY-exe-Throwing-Error-Could-not-Connect.html
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 4:07 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

All the required permissions are in place.

For few servers it is working fine.

example:

Assume GPinventory server is in Bangalore and i can pull report from Hyderabad servers but unable to pull for Mumbai servers.

Please let me know if any other steps that you want me to perform.

Regards,
    Mahadev

Regards, Mahadev

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:56 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

I have checked and found that all the required permissions are in place.

and i tried by disabling firewall as well, however still same issue.

Kindly suggest more on this.

Regards,
    Mahadev

Regards, Mahadev

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:58 AM
  • Hi Mahadev,
    Have you checked the similar thread in the last reply and tried the suggestion in that?
    https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/26308368/GPINVENTORY-exe-Throwing-Error-Could-not-Connect.html
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:28 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

I tried the steps from the given link, still same issue.

Regards, Mahadev

Monday, October 24, 2016 7:18 AM
  • Hi Mahadev,

Have you checked if WMI service is running well on remote servers?

Regarding to get the information about the applied computer policies on the remote server, you could directly use gpresult command and you could always use the gpmc console and get rsop of whatever computer in your AD you want. Please have a try to see if they work.

Best regards,

Wendy

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:41 AM