What is the <OS Value= ?> setting for Windows 8 Enterprise x64 and x32 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

What is the value for Windows 8 and the App-V 4.6 client? if I don't use any OS checking then the applications appear in Windows 8 Enterprise and run correctly but this is not an ideal solution for us. If the functionality will come with SP2 then if I know what the setting is I can pre-populate my OSD files with the correct setting.

Thanks

Martin Searle

Information Services,

University of Kent, UK

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:44 PM

Answers

• Actually it's slight out of date:

<OS VALUE="Win8"/>
    <OS VALUE="Win864"/>
    <OS VALUE="Win2012TS64"/>

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:33 PM

All replies

• Documented here: OSD Illustrated

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:31 PM
  • Actually it's slight out of date:

<OS VALUE="Win8"/>
    <OS VALUE="Win864"/>
    <OS VALUE="Win2012TS64"/>

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:33 PM