Server Sync Web Service URL RRS feed

• Question

• According to the document of server-server protocol, Soap requests must be sent to USS web service(Server Sync, DSS Authorization, Reporting) URI. Absolutely When you are on DSS, you know USS web service URI but in document, I can't find any URI for Microsoft WSUS web services. I searched and  found WSDL of WSUS web services like ServerSyncWebService  and how to negotiate with it on behalf of DSS.

What I'm looking for is:  URI of Microsoft WSUS web services.

Documents are in :https://winprotocoldoc.blob.core.windows.net/productionwindowsarchives/MS-WSUSSS/[MS-WSUSSS].pdf

Thanks in advance for reply

Thursday, December 27, 2018 11:24 AM

Answers

• You can find the URL of the MU endpoint in the SUSDB database of a USS server. I think it was tbConfigurationB, but check A or C if it is not that one.

Hope this helps,
    Andrei

We could change the world, if God would give us the source code.

• Marked as answer by HlHlHl Saturday, January 19, 2019 1:37 PM
    Monday, January 7, 2019 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You can't treat Microsoft Update as a USS. The sync between WSUS and Microsoft Update may be different from the sync between USS and DSS.

Hope my answer could help you.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 28, 2018 10:09 AM
  • You can find the URL of the MU endpoint in the SUSDB database of a USS server. I think it was tbConfigurationB, but check A or C if it is not that one.

Hope this helps,
    Andrei

We could change the world, if God would give us the source code.

• Marked as answer by HlHlHl Saturday, January 19, 2019 1:37 PM
    Monday, January 7, 2019 5:30 PM
  • Thanks for your response

Saturday, January 19, 2019 1:37 PM