Word for Mac won't save documents RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Word for Mac 16.13.1. I can create new documents and enter and edit text but the documents are not saving. What can I do to fix this?
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 12:23 PM

All replies

• I am using Word for Mac 16.13.1. I can create new documents and enter and edit text but the documents are not saving. What can I do to fix this?

What do you mean about "not saving"? Can you click Save button to save it manually? Is there any error description when you save it?

Also try to use Save As option for document. When create a new document, type some words, close the Word window, is there a dialog for saving?

Please provide more information about the saving issue for further analysis.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 8:36 AM
  • I have similar problem. I open a new doc (doc9 in this case) and when I try and save it I am asked for a document name and I enter the name and then press save and the mac whirrs away and then the screen comes back with the same name doc9 and the doc has not been saved with the new name. 
    Sunday, July 8, 2018 10:24 AM
  • Looking for an answer on this too.

Aitan

Friday, October 11, 2019 8:07 PM