none
Error in Import task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are using EMP 2010 for timesheet. We have created Task in MS Project 2010. All task are reflecting in EMP 2010 timesheet. But whenever we click on Import buttom to import task nonu of assigned task is reflecting there.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,
    Prashant Phate

Steps which I follow:

1) We create Task in MS Project Plan 2010 and assigned it to resources.
    2) We save it and Publish it to reflect those task in EMP 2010 server with check-in.
    3) After this User/Resource login with their mail credential to EMP 2010 server.
    4) They select/click on Manage timesheet register. That will redirect user to timesheet entry page.
    5) He/She enters their actual hrs against their planned hrs and saved it.
    6) After saving timesheet. User click on Task tab to import task status.
    7) When they try to import assigned task while clicking Import button. That will direct them to Import page where usually one would see his/her task status in percentage and in hrs whatever they have saved.
    8) User click on imoprt button to import task status.
    9) He/She would again come back to task page. After that user has to select task for the week he has saved it and then he can submit his task status for approval.
    10) After all this process user can submit his/her timesheet to their Manager.

This is the procedure which i follow :

few resources are getting a problem with:
    Step 7) When they try to import assigned task while clicking Import button. That will direct them to Import page where usually one would see his/her task status in percentage and in hrs whatever they have saved.

Here they are not able to see task whenever they click on import tab. And one more thing as task are not reflecting Import button is grid out on the same page.

Could you please help me to resolve this problem.

Regards,
    Prashant

Friday, January 17, 2014 6:01 AM

Answers

• Ask user to add PWA site under trsuted Zone of IE for intranet and internet.

USE IE 8 or 9. if they are having IE then ask them to use it in compatibility mode by pressing F12. 

Then ask them to submit the Timesheet then try to import the timesshet. 

Ask them to Use timesheet page to import task not the Task Page.

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Friday, January 17, 2014 7:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Prashant Phate Friday, January 17, 2014 7:38 AM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 7:29 AM

All replies

• Assuming that you are suing Single entry mode. 

All the Task assigned to resource for the specific time period will be available in Timesheet page. 

Have you tried to enable “Import all timesheet line classifications” which can be found under

“Server Settings” --> “Task Settings and Display”

When you use the Import Timesheets through the My Task section in PWA, only Standard timesheet classifications will appear, and only those tasks will be allowed to be imported. This is by design

kirtesh

Friday, January 17, 2014 6:27 AM
  • Could you please let me know where I can find server settings and Diasplay?

Prashant

Friday, January 17, 2014 6:48 AM
  • Link has information : below pasted image is of PWA 2013 but it applies to 2010 also 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982960(v=office.14).aspx

kirtesh

Mark Reply as answer if you think it helps you to resolve your issue 

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Friday, January 17, 2014 6:56 AM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 6:54 AM
  • Hi Kirtesh,

Thank you for you help.

Steps which I follow:

1) We create Task in MS Project Plan 2010 and assigned it to resources.
    2) We save it and Publish it to reflect those task in EMP 2010 server with check-in.
    3) After this User/Resource login with their mail credential to EMP 2010 server.
    4) They select/click on Manage timesheet register. That will redirect user to timesheet entry page.
    5) He/She enters their actual hrs against their planned hrs and saved it.
    6) After saving timesheet. User click on Task tab to import task status.
    7) When they try to import assigned task while clicking Import button. That will direct them to Import page where usually one would see his/her task status in percentage and in hrs whatever they have saved.
    8) User click on imoprt button to import task status.
    9) He/She would again come back to task page. After that user has to select task for the week he has saved it and then he can submit his task status for approval.
    10) After all this process user can submit his/her timesheet to their Manager.

This is the procedure which i follow :

few resources are getting a problem with:
    Step 7) When they try to import assigned task while clicking Import button. That will direct them to Import page where usually one would see his/her task status in percentage and in hrs whatever they have saved.

Here they are not able to see task whenever they click on import tab. And one more thing as task are not reflecting Import button is grid out on the same page.

Could you please help me to resolve this problem.

Regards,
    Prashant

Friday, January 17, 2014 7:22 AM
  • Ask user to add PWA site under trsuted Zone of IE for intranet and internet.

USE IE 8 or 9. if they are having IE then ask them to use it in compatibility mode by pressing F12. 

Then ask them to submit the Timesheet then try to import the timesshet. 

Ask them to Use timesheet page to import task not the Task Page.

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Friday, January 17, 2014 7:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Prashant Phate Friday, January 17, 2014 7:38 AM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 7:29 AM