none
Lost My Digital Copy of Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus Product Key When My Old Laptop Died

Question

• A few months ago the company that I work for offered all the employees a chance to purchase a digital copy of Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus and a DVD Backup for a few dollars more. I installed the software on  my Laptop and a week ago my laptop died and along with it went the e-mail with the product key. I just purchased a new computer and I really need to install office. How do i re-obtain my product key??? I am totally going crazy without it and I don't want to install the trial version since I have the full version sitting in front of me. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- James

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:42 AM

Answers

• You may need to contact your company's IT administrator or the person who administors this program.  They may have a list of keys that were distributed for each employee.  If not, then you may need to contact Microsoft support and explain this situation.  Unfortunately there is no way to recover a product key in this scenario.

I'm surprised they didn't put your product key on a sticker on the DVD, but in the future, you may want to write it on the DVD yourself with a marker.

Ted Way [MSFT], Program Manager, Microsoft Office: Enterprise Licensing, Group Policy, and 64-bit Office
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:36 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:54 AM