none
October 2016 Patches - Daylight Savings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

By any chance is it possible for me to download and deploy Daylight Savings patch (released october'16) . I can see it is available in " Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 (KB3192403)" , but before testing the Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup I want to deploy Daylight Savings patch alone.

Best Regards, Vijay Balaji

• Edited by VijayBalaji Wednesday, October 19, 2016 11:55 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 11:34 AM

Answers

• No Bulletin ID / KB details provided :(

• Marked as answer by VijayBalaji Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:55 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:12 PM
  • Hi Sharad,<o:p></o:p>

Yes, I know the patch process is revised. My concern is by any chance if we can get  the article details for Daylight Savings :)

Direct answer is no 

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Sherry Kissinger Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:22 PM

All replies

• Alone you cannot deploy from WSUS/SCCM, for testing you have to deploy the October roll-up updates on the test machine 

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 11:47 AM
  • Most updates are released in the monthly rollups now and there is no deploying just individual fixes anymore.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:03 PM
  • No Bulletin ID / KB details provided :(

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:12 PM
  • Aah, from October onward patching is changed now, 

you will get only 2 type of updates, Monthly roll-up security and Quality security

all the updates will be added there only, so no individual updates. 

if you want to check the daylight saving update then install the Monthly quality roll-up on test machines first then do in production. 

no Individual updates now from October onward 

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:28 PM
  • Hi Sharad,

Yes, I know the patch process is revised. My concern is by any chance if we can get  the article details for Daylight Savings :) . So that i can install that particular fix alone and can take my own time to test the Preview Update :P

• Edited by VijayBalaji Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:23 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:20 PM
  • Hi Sharad,<o:p></o:p>

Yes, I know the patch process is revised. My concern is by any chance if we can get  the article details for Daylight Savings :)

Direct answer is no 

• Proposed as answer by Sherry Kissinger Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:22 PM
  • :) :) :) 

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:23 PM