MDT 2013 Update 1 Drivers Disappeared RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We've been using/setting up MDT 2013 Update 1 to deploy Windows 7 x64. 

We have a large collection of drivers from Driver Packs in a folder "Generic", and then folders for specific models in the same directory (root of Out-Of-Box drivers)

I wanted to organize a bit more, so I created a folder for the manufacterer of the devices (HP) to put the model-specific folders inside of. As soon as I created that folder, everything disappeared. There is no new folder or old, or anything at all in the "Out-Of-Box Drivers" folder anymore, within MDT.  Within the true folder in the share, everything is still there. 

I refreshed a few times, closed/re-opened Deployment Workbench, closed/re-opened the share, updated the share, rebooted, and opened the share on another machine - no dice. I attempted to import all of the drivers in that folder, and I got an error:

"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection."

So I am basically unable to use any of my drivers anymore. Not sure how to restore or even start over. 

Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is a dedicated forum for MDT. To get better help, I would suggest you to post your questions on the MDT forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=mdt

Best Regards,

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Monday, April 11, 2016 2:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Hello_2018 Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:05 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2016 9:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is a dedicated forum for MDT. To get better help, I would suggest you to post your questions on the MDT forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=mdt

Best Regards,

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Monday, April 11, 2016 2:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Hello_2018 Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:05 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2016 9:56 AM
  • I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:51 PM