Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• We just installed 2016 using 365. We have contacts that contain a couple, with separate names and emails for each of the people. When I am selecting both of the people, the name of the husband comes regardless of the name associated with the email. How do I get both emails with the correct name to appear when I'm sending a message?  This is really frustrating.
    Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Cris,

What's your account type? Exchange?

Do you mean the display name become “husband” instead of the real name? Or the display name become her husband's name for her account?

If possible, you can send a screenshot to the GBSD TN Office Information Collection: ibsofc@microsoft.com for a better understanding.

If you click "Check Name" under Message tab, will it show correctly?

For Exchange account, Outlook normally show names from Address Book. We can update OAB to see if it helps.

To do this, please click Send/Receive tab > Send/Receive Groups > Download Address Book. Unselect the option “Download changes since last Send/Receive” and then click OK.

If you’ve added them to your contact folder, please check if the name was set correctly.

Besides, please also check the profile settings on the web mail for this couple.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:51 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:35 AM
  • Hi Cris,

Does name show correctly on Outlook client now?

I'm writing to see if there are anything else I can do for you.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post if the reply is helpful to you. In doing so, it will benefit all community members who are facing similar issues.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, May 20, 2019 6:51 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, May 20, 2019 6:51 AM
    Friday, May 17, 2019 5:09 AM