Robocopy with sharepoint online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Mapped drive to sharepoint online and local file server - intent is to move some shares to sharepoint online file stores.

As per any "normal" file migration, I though I would use robocopy to copy the bulk of the data up prior to migration, then just re-run robocopy on migration night in order to fill any changes.

Robocopy works fine for copying files up, but I find when re-running the robocopy, the existing files are seen as extra's and the same files re-copied back up again.

My guess this is to do with the timestamps being handled differently.

Does anyone know of a way to get robocopy to handle this ? or modify SharePoint online to handle this? or another tool that can handle this ?

Thursday, June 21, 2018 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

How do you run the robocopy to copy the files to SharePoint Online? Per my test, I cannot reproduce your issue.

Here is the command-lines I used to copy, please compare with your method and check again:

$365Cred = Get-Credential

Connect-PnPOnline -Url https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/sitename -credential $365Cred

$Source = "filepath"

ROBOCOPY /mir /sec $Source " \\domain.sharepoint.com\sites\sitename " /MIR

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 22, 2018 10:24 AM
  • i map a network drive in file explorer, then run

robocopy /s /e /r:1 /w:1 <source drive> <dest drive> /MIR

Saturday, June 23, 2018 1:21 AM