desktop manager stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 7.  Dell Laptop. Desktop Manager has stopped working.   Cannot run restore as it will not allow me access to any windows tasks.  Cannot access control panel.  Please advise and simply if possible.  Thank you.
    • Changed type Carey FrischMVP Monday, November 1, 2010 11:35 PM Comment is a Question
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Monday, November 1, 2010 11:36 PM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows Vista Applications)
    Monday, November 1, 2010 8:58 PM

All replies

• if you boot from your windows 7 DVD, you'l be able to run  restore
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Monday, November 1, 2010 9:05 PM
  • I will try that soon.  Thank you. 
    RH
    Monday, November 1, 2010 9:17 PM
  • Can't access D drive to read Windows 7 disk
    RH
    Monday, November 1, 2010 9:19 PM
  • I figured out how to get to d with the command prompt.  Do I have to reinstall 7?  I really don't want to do that!  How might I just restore?
    RH
    Monday, November 1, 2010 9:24 PM
  • you have to insert the win7 disk and then restart, the computer should ask you: "press any key to boot from CD" .
    Monday, November 1, 2010 9:24 PM
  • when u boot from cd,it will give u restore option
    Monday, November 1, 2010 9:30 PM
  • I'm sorry to be so slow about this, but are you telling me to reinstall Windows 7?  Is that what boot from CD is?  I am trying to avoid doing that.  Don't want to have to reinstall programs and printer....thank you.
    RH
    Monday, November 1, 2010 9:32 PM
  • All bad news.....got to D drive.  Got to setup.exe on the disk.  Did not give restore option.  Copied temp files.  Then got a notice that Windows didn't recognize the disks and couldn't do any more.  This seems serious.
    RH
    Monday, November 1, 2010 10:12 PM