Problem with discovering symantec backup exec software and SCOM 2007R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi community,

I have the following Problem. 

I have a Fujitsu-Server with windows server 2008 R2 SP1. I monitore those server with system center operations manager 2007 r2 CU6.

On the server is symantec backup exec as the backup software installed. There is nothing additional software installed, the server is only used for backup.

When I installed the SCOM-Agents, they made a discovery but one agent will not discover my backup exec (BE2012)

The process started at 15:17:22 failed to create System.Discovery.Data.Errors found in output:

\RemoteAgent_Discovery.vbs(61, 3) 

The     if ver < "15.0" and ver >= "11.0" then  

bytecode = GetSTR("HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0", "Identifier")
            path = GetSTR(BEwin &  ver & "\Install\", "Path")
            fullpath = "\\" & IP & "\" & replace( path, ":","$")
            major = GetDW(BEwin &  ver & "\Install\", "Build Major")
            minor = GetDW(BEwin &  ver & "\Install\", "Build Minor")Line in the script is the following:

Other Backup Exec Server will discover succesfully, only this server go fail.

Any Ideas?

Carsten

Carsten

<input id="aad954db-5f27-470f-a516-50d13c3229c1_attachments" type="hidden" />

Carsten

Monday, February 11, 2013 12:33 PM

Answers

• I go crazy!!! It works.

I delete this reg-key. there was nothing inside 13.0.

I think the script start reading in this key and stopped working with an error. After deleting the script start reading in the right folder (14.0)

I am happy

Carsten

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:27 PM

All replies

• The following solutions will not solve the problem:

Hi, http://www.logon.cz/2011/11/scom-sce-symantec-backup-exec-management-pack/

Hi Carsten, You can download the Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operation Manager(SCOM) at the following link:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164049

Carsten

Monday, February 11, 2013 12:39 PM
  • The the following error in line causes the error: (see in bolt)

bytecode = GetSTR("HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0", "Identifier")
            path = GetSTR(BEwin &  ver & "\Install\", "Path")
            fullpath = "\\" & IP & "\" & replace( path, ":","$")
            major = GetDW(BEwin &  ver & "\Install\", "Build Major")
            minor = GetDW(BEwin &  ver & "\Install\", "Build Minor")Line in the script is the following:

Carsten

Monday, February 11, 2013 12:40 PM
  • additional information.

I have 2 backup exec server (all in german) and 7 backup exec server 2010R3 who will discovered SUCCESSFULLY

Only this machine will not discover the backup exec 

I am totaly frustrated working on this problem since 3 weeks!!!

Carsten

Monday, February 11, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Hi David,

thanks for the reply,

yes all oher discoveries are working correct. I really don not understand the problem, all the other server (also virtuell and physikal) are discovered without any problems. I reinstalled the MP, installed the german version of MP, but no success. The problem must be exist on the machine, but where?

Carsten

Monday, February 11, 2013 1:52 PM
  • I go crazy!!! It works.

I delete this reg-key. there was nothing inside 13.0.

I think the script start reading in this key and stopped working with an error. After deleting the script start reading in the right folder (14.0)

I am happy

Carsten

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:27 PM
  • I suspect this was due to something that happened during this particular installation of Backup Exec 2012 since all of your other installations were discovered correctly.

Happy to hear you found the problem.

Lenora Moss Advanced Technical Support Engineer, SMB Partner Support, Symantec Corporation www.symantec.com

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:21 PM