Weird Keyboard Malfunction RRS feed

• Question

• I received a Dell vostro 1000 from a friend. it had missing keys and had a lot of crap on it.

I formatted this disk and changed the keyboard and stuck on a copy of windows 7 pro on it.

The laptop in perfect condition bar one problem I am having the keyboard always presses jkl;# every 8 seconds (please see video).

I thought it could be a dodgy keyboard so I bought a new one but still the same problem. followed with a another install just incase but still. I contacted a friend and he recommended flashing the bios. I downloaded the bios of Dell.com which installed perfectly and fixed the problem. After restarting the laptop after updates it carried on again. So I flashed it again just incase and succesfully it worked until restarted again.

I cannot understand after a restart my bios would reset back to the settings before hand. does anyone know on how I can fix this problem? it would be a headache off my mind :)

Cheers,

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:36 AM Move to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Monday, January 9, 2012 11:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems a hardware problem. Have you tried to boot in Safe Mode? Does this issue still occur?

Also, you may insert a live CD and boot in it to see whether the issue still happens, if so, it is a hardware issue. Please contact the manufacturer for help.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, February 3, 2012 3:16 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:35 AM