Upgrade from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 from SharePoint 2007 SSRS 2005 integrated mode RRS feed

• Question

• I"m attempting to upgrade from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 R2 x64 Enterprise on a server running Windows Server 2003 x64 Enterprise, SharePoint 2007 Enterprise, and SQL Server 2005 and SSRS 2005 Enterprise running in integrated mode.

I installed the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP2 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint Technologies from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=35c3a13f-4b5e-4d4a-86e4-07ee307b9638&displaylang=en.

When attempting to install Report Builder 2.0, I get the error "Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint products and technologies is not installed."

When I try to run a report (existing 2005 reports already deployed), I get the error: "Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object." The log has repeating ReportingServicesService.exe errors: #20015: Cannot open "Resources.en-US.resx": no such file or folder, and: Localized resource for token 'ManageDatasetCaching_Desc' could not be found for file with path: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\Template\Features\ReportServer\ItemCustomActions\ecbExtension.xml" among other things.

I've tried reconfiguring Reporting Services in SharePoint admin and deactivating/activating the report server feature on the site collection.

We have hundreds of reports. Will they all have to be manually upgraded to work with 2008 R2 in integrated mode with SharePoint 2007?

Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:36 PM

Answers

• After further testing: some reports worked and some didn't. Re-deploying and reconnecting the data connections seems to have fixed the ones that were broken.
    • Marked as answer by Preston Park Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Preston,

If you run the x64-based version of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services in SharePoint integrated mode. When you run the installation file of SharePoint add-in for the ClickOnce version of SQL Server 2008 Report Builder 2.0, you receive Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint products and technologies in sot installed error message even you had Add-in for SharePoint installed is because the installation file does not check whether the SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint add-in is already installed on the computer. 
    The fix for this issue was  first released in
    Cumulative Update 3 for SQL Server 2008 SP1.
    For more details, please read this KB.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972068

After that, please Deactivate Report Server Integration Feature in Central Administration and reactive it.

Let us know how it works, thanks.

Best regards,
    Emir

Monday, February 28, 2011 7:39 AM
  • After further testing: some reports worked and some didn't. Re-deploying and reconnecting the data connections seems to have fixed the ones that were broken.
    • Marked as answer by Preston Park Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:32 PM