none
Errer message while adding a computer account to a local group in Group Policy Preferences...

Question

• Hi all;

Suppose I want to add a computer account to Event Log Reader on local computers by using Group Policy Preferences. Look at the following figure:

But after selecting the desired computer account and clicking OK, the following error message appears:

Any ideas?

Thanks

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, April 27, 2015 6:37 AM

All replies

• > But after selecting the desired computer account and clicking OK, the
    > following error message appears:

Couldn't repro - worked in my domain for both a builtin group and a new one.

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Mal ein gutes Buch über GPOs lesen?
    Good or bad GPOs? - my blog…
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment (-:
    Monday, April 27, 2015 8:53 AM
  • Check if you have KB2928120 or KB2961899 installed on your server.

I believe this has something to do with MS deprecated some of the use of GP Preferences (describe in kb2962486).

Although this specific option does not mention in the article, I have two machine one 2012 with the update installed and one 2008 without it, and it work on the 2008 only (same error on 2012).

Please take a moment to Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer where applicable. Thanks.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 12:30 PM
  • Hi,

What's the version of our DC, server 2012 or R2? As Idan suggested, if we have Server 2008/R2 in our environment, we can try to configure the setting there.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 8:15 AM
  • I have this problem in Windows Server 2012 R2...

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 01, 2015 11:39 AM