Different OWA Segmentation settings (Internal and External) access RRS feed

• Question

• We have 37 sites with CAS servers and would like to know how to configure or separate the Internal and External OWA access?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Lascano,

Any updates?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Lascano Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:18 PM
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:52 AM

All replies

• In what way? You haven't provided enough detail on what you want to do, versions involved or anything that can provide assistance on what you want to do. Based on the information you have provided at this time all I can say is look on Technet.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:42 PM
  • We are using Exchange 2007.  Each 37 sites has a CAS server.  Is there a way to configure this centrally giving the users 1 URL for internal access and 1 URL for external access.  The reason for the internal and external access is to prevent attachment download for external access only.
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:46 PM
  • It is a per server setting.

The only way to do it centrally would be to get the command to change it from Technet, then use it with a piped get-clientaccessserver | set-clientaccessserver type command so that the script makes the same change on all servers.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:51 PM
  • Can you provide an example command?
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:34 PM
  • Hi Lascano,

Please run the cmdlet Get-ClientAccessServer | Get-OwaVirtualDirectory | Set-OwaVirtualDirectory -InternalUrl https://mail.contoso.com/owa -WhatIf .

If the results is as expected, remove the -whatif.

If it doesn't work, you can add the foreach syntax.

e.g.

Get-ClientAccessServer | Get-OwaVirtualDirectory | foreach {Set-OwaVirtualDirectory -Identity $_.name -InternalUrl https://mail.contoso.com/owa}

Frank Wang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 9:26 AM
  • thanks for the sample command.  i will try it and set it for all CAS servers.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 1:26 PM
  • Hi Lascano,

Any updates?

• Marked as answer by Lascano Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:18 PM
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:52 AM