Sharepoint 2010 document library files move RRS feed

• Question

• I have an interesting problem. Occurred only today, never seen this before.
    I have a separate document library for weekly reports. Inside this library I have folders in which I have the actual documents. Now the documents are moving on their own to the upper level of this document library folder! 2 of my documents came out from 2 folders to the document library level.
    Has anyone else had these kind of problems? is this just a bug on the  sharepoint Team Site or should I get worried about this?
    I’m able to move the documents back to correct folder (using the Open with Explorer + Cut & Paste) but as soon as I edit those again the location is changed.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I did same thing long back, delete and recreate document workspace again to overcome the issue.

Any how Thanks for your response.

Br,

Anil

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:31 AM

All replies

• Anil,

I have a similar problem; I've experienced it twice in as many days...

It's odd as it's not all folders and files in a folder in the library, e.g. folders with similar folder structure under them:

\Folder1

\Subfolder1

\Files1

\Folder2

\Subfolder2

\Files2

\Folder3

\Subfolder3

\Files3

Folder1 structure and files stay intact.

Folder2 “files2” move to the root of the library

Folder3 “Subfolder3” and “Files3” move to the root of the library, i.e. I have “Files3” in the root and “Subfolder3” in the root…”Files3” move from under “Subfolder3”

I'm not sure yet, but I believe the problem I have is related to SharePoint workspace...the workaround I have is to get the team to delete their local workspace for the problem library; I then remove the rouge folder(s) and file(s), recreate the structure and files and get the team to create their local workspace again.

NJM

Tetchy by name, tetchy by nature.

• Edited by tetchy_njm Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:44 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

I did same thing long back, delete and recreate document workspace again to overcome the issue.

Any how Thanks for your response.

Br,

Anil

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:31 AM