Free and Busy PST file RRS feed

• Question

• I have a issue with the free an busy availability.

We have Exchange 2010 SP1. My clients use Outlook 2010 but they use pst file like a default recieve file them availability doesn´t work the others users can not see the availability.

If y change the recieve default to ost works fine.

That its normally??

regards

Friday, December 2, 2011 1:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Alvaro,

MS recommends to set delivery path as your mailbox if free/busy wants to work well..

when you set delivery location to personal folder your calendar information will be saved in two different locations. In this mailbox calendar information may not synchronized properly with pst calendar information. So your published calendar(mailbox calendar) may be incorrect. 

hope it make sense.

Thanks & Regards, Kottees *** Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.
    • Proposed as answer by Gulab Prasad Friday, December 2, 2011 5:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alvaro Ceballos Friday, December 2, 2011 7:07 PM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 4:11 AM
  • hi,

Outlook uses .pst files to store data locally on users' computers or network shares. Unlike offline store (.ost) files , .pst files aren't synchronized with the user's Exchange mailbox. The Availability service retrieves free/busy information directly from the target mailbox for users on Exchange 2010 .The free/busy process works by downloading information directly from the calendar in the mailbox. so i think it can explain why  you change the receieve deafault to ost works fine.It is a problem of  synchronization.

thanks,

castin

Friday, December 2, 2011 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Alvaro,

MS recommends to set delivery path as your mailbox if free/busy wants to work well..

when you set delivery location to personal folder your calendar information will be saved in two different locations. In this mailbox calendar information may not synchronized properly with pst calendar information. So your published calendar(mailbox calendar) may be incorrect. 

hope it make sense.

Thanks & Regards, Kottees *** Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.
    • Proposed as answer by Gulab Prasad Friday, December 2, 2011 5:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alvaro Ceballos Friday, December 2, 2011 7:07 PM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 4:11 AM
  • hi,

Outlook uses .pst files to store data locally on users' computers or network shares. Unlike offline store (.ost) files , .pst files aren't synchronized with the user's Exchange mailbox. The Availability service retrieves free/busy information directly from the target mailbox for users on Exchange 2010 .The free/busy process works by downloading information directly from the calendar in the mailbox. so i think it can explain why  you change the receieve deafault to ost works fine.It is a problem of  synchronization.

thanks,

castin

Friday, December 2, 2011 6:39 AM