What effects canceled OS installation has on dual boot system? RRS feed

• Question

• There were few canceled OS installations on new partitioned hard drive, which followed by OS failure. Even canceled OS installation started to show alternate OS selections, where as there was only one functional OS. Because consistent system crashesh leads to  quest for further knowhow of out of the box problem. Atleast tell how to remove completely noninstalled canceled OS?

Aniruddha

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:17 PM

Answers

• EasyBCD - How to remove invalid entry:
    http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

When you launch EasyBCD you will see the following large tabs/buttons on the left.

1) View Settings: Displays the number of entries (valid and no longer valid bootable version of Windows). The one labled "Default" in the version of Windows that boots if you sit and wait 30 seconds without making a selection using the keyborad. The remaing entry are listed by "Name" (unless renamed all entires will b e named Windows 7). Drive letter represents the partition that version is installed. If all you have installed is multiple copies on Windows 7 the "Bootloader Path" will always be the same.

2) Edit Boot Menu: Four options "Up" "Down" "Rename" (comes in handy if you want to see a meaningfull name when you first boot (I have 5 versions of Windows on one of my test systems, so I reamed the plain jane "Windows 7" to "Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit" and "Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bt, Etc). Last option is "Delete", click on the no longer valid entry (to highlight it) and click "Delete".

You will also see a check mark in the "default" (when 30 timeout expires) version Windows the computer will boot to. Place a check mark in the one you want.

Located at the bottom of the "Edit Boot Menu" page is the timeout value, if you want to automatically to your only remaining version of Windows simply place a check mark in the "Skip boot menu" box.

When your done with your changes don't forget to "Save Settings".

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
    • Proposed as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:23 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:01 PM