Public Folders: Total Number of unread items or total number of items RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I experience this issue.

On my public folder I can't select, property option, Total Number or total number of unread items checkbox (it's grayed)

thanks

regards

Faye

Monday, July 6, 2020 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Faye,

>> On my public folder I can't select, property option, Total Number or total number of unread items checkbox (it's grayed)

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred?

I do conducted tests in my environment and found the same issue as you.

I did some search about this issue and found that it is by design and it is always the way it is has been. I'm afraid that we could not make changes to it. 

For more information, please check: display number of unread items on public folder.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 3:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Faye,

>> On my public folder I can't select, property option, Total Number or total number of unread items checkbox (it's grayed)

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred?

I do conducted tests in my environment and found the same issue as you.

I did some search about this issue and found that it is by design and it is always the way it is has been. I'm afraid that we could not make changes to it. 

For more information, please check: display number of unread items on public folder.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 3:06 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Thursday, July 9, 2020 9:31 AM