Readyboost Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• I wish microsoft would take sometime to make a actual icon on desktop somewhere too see if Readyboost is enabled or disabled. I leave my 32gb readyboost usb flash drive in 24-7. But to see if it's working. I have to open My Computer and look at my readyboost drive icon. Usually shows a Red bar on the drive saying it's full. Which is good, it's working.

But there is times I download a win 7 update or something, That readyboost gets disabled. I have to then unplug the flashdrive and plug it back it to renable it.

There is some monitors like at area-71.net which has Backdoor.Trojan in it which is not good.

And also http://download.cnet.com/Ready-Boost-Monitor/3000-2094_4-10893116.html?tag=mncol;1 Which is another monitor, but is super buggy in win 7 64 bit.

So there is nothing that is good or solid out there to monitor readyboost that I have found yet.

I've also used performance monitor, It shows read and cache writes. But does no good to me if I have to open that just to verify that readyboost is enabled/disabled.

Even though my system does have 16gb ddr3 ram I still see a performance increase with readyboost active. There is times it loads stuff faster then my SSD drive. I have 2 identical computers, One has mechanical drives and the other has 2 ssd. And sometimes the computer with readyboost and mechanical drives is faster at somethings. For gaming ssd blows that apart. But still a improvement is a improvement even by a small to big margin.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 1:29 PM

Answers