cmd-let for listing all domain controller in DA entry point RRS feed

• Question

• I have two DA server in ELB mode. recently i got the error on dashboard for domain controller not reachable because of that all DA clients failed to have DA session for 10 mins. however the DC were pingable. I want to list all domain controllers in DirectAccess Policy-ClientToInfra endpoint list. Is there any cmd-let to list all DC's.

I have tried to use Get-DAEntryPoint and Get-DAEntryPointDC commands but its showing below error

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-DAEntryPointDC
    Get-DAEntryPointDC : You must enable a multisite deployment before performing this operation. Use the
    Enable-DAMultiSite cmdlet to do this.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-DAEntryPointDC
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (ComputerName:root/Microsoft/..._DAEntryPointDC) [Get-DAEntryPointDC], Cim
       Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : REMOTEACCESS 132,Get-DAEntryPointDC

• Edited by achievers Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:01 AM update
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:00 AM

All replies

• Your DirectAccess Servers should be able to contact any Domain Controller, unless you have configured DirectAccess in a Multi-site Configuration. When you implement a Multi-site Configuration each EntryPoint will have a static Domain Controller configured. It can happen that a Domain Controller becomes unavailable or is decommissioned. This just happened today at one of our customers. You can manually assign another Domain Controller with the following syntax:

Set-DAEntryPointDC -ExistingDC OLDHOSTNAME.yourdomain.local -NewDC NEWHOSTNAME.yourdomain.local

But I assume you haven't configured a Multi-Site Configuration. Then, the same rules apply for other applications that use Domain Controllers and you should look into that.

Boudewijn Plomp | BPMi Infrastructure & Security

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote as Helpful", and if it answered your question, please click "Mark as Answer".

Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Hi Boudewijn,

Yes, you are right. we do not have multi-site environment. I had the same feeling but i was looking for some commands that help to list all the DC's in endpoint entry list. Also, we are getting logs in eventviewer more oftenly that DC monitor state goes from healthy to unhealthy for 4-5 min and turned from unhealthy to healthy. 

i have tried to find the cause but i couldn't find the reason. could you also help me in that part.

Friday, November 21, 2014 3:53 PM
  • Then I think you have another problem not related to DirectAccess.

Boudewijn Plomp | BPMi Infrastructure & Security

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote as Helpful", and if it answered your question, please click "Mark as Answer".

Friday, November 21, 2014 6:46 PM