Custom Greeting Using Phone RRS feed

• Question

• I have Exchange 2013 UM setup and now I want to call in and be able to record a custom greeting the Auto Attendant. Is there a step by step on how to enable this?

Thanks

Friday, August 22, 2014 3:01 PM

Answers

• *WARNING* What I'm suggesting is not supported, but I've done it in a pinch.

If replacing the prompts doesn't get it to quiet down, and there are a few prompts that will still play, you can hunt them down in \Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\UnifiedMessaging\prompts\en and swap them out with either silence-250ms.wav from that dir, or your own wav.  Be careful as these may be replaced at some point with a service pack or update. 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

• Marked as answer by baze7 Friday, August 22, 2014 8:34 PM
    Friday, August 22, 2014 7:13 PM

All replies

• Yep: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb691404(v=exchg.150).aspx

And: http://www.petri.com/creating-custom-prompts-in-unified-messaging.htm#

That's 2010, but 2013 is pretty much the same as both are a PowerShell Command.

To turn it on for all dial plans, run:

Get-UMDialPlan | Set-UMDialPlan -TUIPromptEditingEnabled $true

Then you call in and hit # *.  You need to have the Unified Messaging RBAC role at a minimum.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Friday, August 22, 2014 3:54 PM
  • OK. I got it to work, now my question is how do I record or remove the prompts that follow. Example, I have recorded my main greeting, after that the lady says "Enter the extension..." how do I change that message?

Thanks

Friday, August 22, 2014 6:28 PM
  • *WARNING* What I'm suggesting is not supported, but I've done it in a pinch.

If replacing the prompts doesn't get it to quiet down, and there are a few prompts that will still play, you can hunt them down in \Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\UnifiedMessaging\prompts\en and swap them out with either silence-250ms.wav from that dir, or your own wav.  Be careful as these may be replaced at some point with a service pack or update. 

• Marked as answer by baze7 Friday, August 22, 2014 8:34 PM
    Friday, August 22, 2014 7:13 PM
  • Do they expect companies to use the defaults or have 2 different voices?

Friday, August 22, 2014 8:22 PM
  • They expect you to use the defaults.  The two voices thing triggers my OCD.

Friday, August 22, 2014 8:47 PM