none
help desk analyst

Question

• My company recently upgraded to O365 and we are setting up share point for our users. We are moving away from Egnyte. Many users have their my docs pointing to the engyte drive. I was wondering if its possible to use GP to change the location to one drive instead. I found the below link but on step one 

User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\OneDrive 

User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\(OneDrive) I do not see the option for One Drive. Is there a step i need to do before? 

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    >>I was wondering if its possible to use GP to change the location to one drive instead.
    You could sync the users’ folder to OneDrive following the article as below:
    Add and sync shared folders to OneDrive
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-and-sync-shared-folders-to-OneDrive-8a63cd47-1526-4cd8-bd09-ee3f9bfc1504
    Synchronizing any folder on your system with OneDrive
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/developingfordynamicsgp/2014/09/11/synchronizing-any-folder-on-your-system-with-onedrive/

>> I do not see the option for One Drive.
    What version of operating system is the computer using?
    And could find OneDrive entry under Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components? If not, we can copy OneDrive administrative template into the central store (if we use) or %systemroot%\policydefinitions (if we don't use central store).
    In addition, we can download the latest .admx files according to the computer version and put them in the location as above.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Wednesday, November 2, 2016 11:54 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:10 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, it will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, November 7, 2016 9:05 AM