Outlook 2016 Crashes when Printing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Recently I've run into an issue where any time I try to print an email from Outlook, the application crashes as it tries to load up the Print Preview screen. I checked the Event Viewer, and there is indeed a crash report being generated. I'll post the log below.

It looks like it's a ntdll.dll fault, but Google has not made it easy to try and break down the log to figure out exactly what's happening. Any help would be appreciated. As a note, this is Outlook 2016 using the O365 package.

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.8326.2107, time stamp: 0x59b23305
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23796, time stamp: 0x59028db3
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000ce8fb
    Faulting process id: 0x880
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3315fea56ad54
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 45ce80d5-9d53-11e7-add9-448a5b769956

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:21 PM

All replies

• Hello there,

NTDLL is a core component of the Windows NT infrastructure.
    It resides next to HAL.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer), and is used for API functions.

It looks like the integration between your printer-software (the device-specific component, made by the manufacturer) and the print dialog are giving issues.
    Think about the device-specific settings you do on a printer, like choosing a tray.
    This normally is done in an interface created by the manufacturer.

If possible, replace the print-driver with a WHQL driver.
    This one is thoroughly tested by Microsoft in accordance of the manufacturer.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:30 PM
  • Hi Maloha,

Does this issue affect other applications or programs?
    How about changing the default printer to other ones like PDF and seeing if the issue persists?
    What's the build number of your Windows system?

If the issue only occurs to Outlook, please try to start Outlook in safe mode(Press Win + R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and check if there will be any improvement.

According to the log you shared above, it seems to me that the Faulting module ntdll.dll is a Windows system file (Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll). Have you made any changes to Windows system during this time period?

Any findings, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:23 AM