none
DPM 2012 MigrateDataSourceDatafromDPM issue during process RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have three 8 TB Lenovo SANs that we need to reconfigure. Two where connected to DPM already, 1 spare connected for this process. To make up for the lack of encryption for data at rest on the disk side we have setup an encrypted lun on the spare SAN and started to migrate from one SAN to the next. Mind you; this seams that it should be a 1 to 1 move. 1 online SAN began the process with 18% free space, the other had 0%. We have started with the 18% free SAN and began moving the data using the MigrateDataSourceDataFromDPM.ps1 script to the spare. Due to the lack of clarity, we found out that this is an interactive script on a not so good note. Our domain has a two hour disconnect GPO setup that kicked off the user that was running the command, thereby killing the command and the process in the midst. Thinking we could just pick up where we left off. We logged in again and reran the script. Low and behold, we now have the 1 spare SAN at 0% free and the others are the same as when this process started. There are now protected data sources on all three disks according to Management > Disks > Details. (Reviewed all 3).

I have read about the need to wait out the retention period, but don't have time to wait to see what happens. We are to re-purpose the spare drive very soon. And removing any backups is not an option. Can anyone out there help a guy out? How do we clean this up and finish moving the data?

-Eric

Friday, February 21, 2014 9:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

we have done storage migrations quite a couple of times.

And we had issues where not all replica volumes were migrated.
    Sorry, if i cannot help you directly but I would recommend opening  a call at MS Support.

Most of the time we had to wait until Retention time was over...

Kind regards

/bkpfast

My postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confer no rights

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:31 AM