compaq pc/vista/recovery drive RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to this but let me thank anyone who has time to read and help me. Vista has been a nightmare.

Reliability and Performance diagnostic says:

recovery drive d has less than 15% storage left.

microsoft said burn that to disk then clear it so i have space back. and i did the disk, but when i went to view the stuff on

the recovery drive d it shows a huge warning:

THIS AREA OF HARD DRIVE CONTAINS FILES USED FOR PC RECOVERY

DO NOT DELETE OR ALTAR ANY FILES

ANY CHANGE TO THIS COULD PREVENT ANY RECOVERY LATER.

ok so i created the disk. but still i cannot free the space on hard drive. it won't let me.

any suggestions?

should i just ignore this? i am not sure it is critical, but i already had to install more ram and if i can

free up anything i should.

hope that made sense.

PLEASE IF U GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS LET ME KNOW!

here or feel free to email me

stephaniedawnmotes@hotmail.com

or

sommerrainstorm@yahoo.com

Monday, November 5, 2007 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for your posting and I’ve carefully checked your issue.

Based on my experience, Recovery Drive is regularly designed by manufacturers of computers. It tries to help customers to restore to a clean operating system in a convenient way.

Thus, This is actually not a Windows Vista issue , and we are not the best support resources.

However, I will share some related posts located in HP’s official forums, I really hope it may help.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1116802&admit=-682735245+1194409207628+28353475

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1108979

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1114735

For further support, please contact HP.

I will mark this post as answer for it’s not a vista issue. if I misunderstand anything or you still have questions on this topic, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:08 AM