Tons of issues, no idea what it is... RRS feed

• General discussion

•  Running Windows 7 32-Bit, Something's taking up a ton of memory and it doesn't show up in the task manager. Also, Browser memory usage from both Firefox and Chrome skyrocket, I even had plugincontainer from Firefox climb to over 1024MB once, even though I only have 1024MB of memory installed.

My browsers tend to hang very often, and my games as well. When I start the computer, the superbar hangs to the point where I could close it with the not responding box.

Autoplay doesn't pop up, Superfetch doesn't function and when UAC is turned on, explorer.exe doesn't allow me to open anything even if I'm on my admin account until I restart it with admin via task manager.

I'm thinking it may be some programs that I need to uninstall or something but I'm very unsure. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    • Edited by EPICSteve Friday, October 28, 2011 5:21 PM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 5:18 PM

All replies

• I was planning to purchase more when I can get the money. Anything else I could do?
    Friday, October 28, 2011 8:15 PM
  • Nothing about UAC and the other non-memory related concerns?
    Friday, October 28, 2011 9:48 PM
  • Ram affects Autoplay, UAC and Superfetch like that? o.o

I'll be getting memory, when I have money as I said, but I don't think that's the issue with those three...

Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:43 AM
  • Everything worked when I first got the comp, it was when I installed kapersky that Autoplay started to fail.

It's uninstalled though now. there was also things I did right as something failed to work, like UAC stopped working right when my SID went wonky.

• Edited by EPICSteve Saturday, October 29, 2011 2:00 AM
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:59 AM